Stunt 9 catamaran foiler is designed by Michele Petrucci and available for sale since January 2015
More info in http://www.s9team.eu/
- length 4,16 m
- width 2,36 m
- mast 7,5 m
- total sail area (including mast) 11,5 m2
- total weight 78 kg
- hull construction material: fiberglass/Carbon + epoxy resin
- Crossbars + telescopic tilter + mast + boom + T foil rudders + main T foil: all pre-preg carbon processed in autoclave at 120 ° + 6 bar.
- Harken equipped
- Price (without VAT) : 16.600 eur complete, including boat cover, foils and rudder protection. Delivery and set up charges may be applied.
- Optionals: Jib Kit and Stern holder
Summary characteristics of the Stunt S9
- monotype, a small high performance catamaran, simple and easy to use. It can be completely disassembled and each part can be changeable.
- it uses a system of T foil flap to “hinge” the most powerful of the classical systems, this has been combined with a system of automatic adjustment of the flap ( wand ) that ensures maximum ease of use of the boat in full fly
- the front cross member has a conical interlocking system is unique in its kind, this ensures rigidity comparable to modern systems of bonded joints but disassembled in 2 seconds.
- the rear beam has three anchor points to the hull with three bolts per side
- the system of Wand can be easily disengaged from the boards to allow return to the beach where the depths are low.
- rudders are swinging, this one to get back on the beach
- designed to fly, the S9 can also be used with straight dagger boards so use in a standard way, for young kids for example.The basic version “no fly ” S.9 it is still a semi-planning cat that ensures excellent performance and a lot of fun
S9 catamaran can start flying with 8 knots. It can fly upwind at 60° at wind speed and downwind at 130° reaching maxi speed of 22 knots.
Trying to sail faster become more dangerous and we have designed the S9 to stay below 20 knots reach quickly 2 times the wind speed downwind.
Thanks to good Hull volume, the S9 can stand one crew up to 95kg using it in reasonable wind condition.
The Stunt S9 foiling catamaran has adopted technological choices and foil systems different from other flying catamaran such as AC and C class, here are the reasons:
It is impossible for a one crew cat to flight constantly and easily if you have to continuously adjust the foil angle. 2 crews catamaran are using J foils as the crew can handle the rack adjustment of the foil.
For these reasons we have adopted foil “T” with an automatic adjusting the trim tabs in foil, this is called “Wand”.
This system is used only in the “Moth”, none of the recent projects Flying catamaran used this, we believe it is the most suitable system to beach cat!!
T foil + wand + flap, allow Stunt S9 to fly constantly even in case of wave, flying upwind, we can insure with this system a constant height flight from the water, so the crew can stay focused on the race or the fun.
Please contact our distributor and get to try the Stund S9, the easiest boat to fly on the market!
designed by Michele Pretucci and the first Prototype of the foiling catamaran was built and tested in the summer of 2012.After many fine tuning and rig adjustments, Michele reach the perfect balance between foiling performance and ease of sailing. As sailing is reaching a new ERA with the foiling technology applied to the sport catamarans, Michele decided to start the production of the new and one design Stunt S9.
Performance: Our Stunt S9 is the easiest catamaran to start to fly, guaranteeing flying experience after few minutes for any medium level sailors and excellent progressing performance after few month. The wand system link to a flap on the main foil allows auto control flight stability. This is key as the sailor has only 2 hands, one for setting direction and one for main sail adjustment. The design is very simple and allows only few adjustments on water to adapt the flight depending on the wind speed.
Construction: The S9 is built in Italy with state of the art technology using lot of Carbon & pre-preg composite. The result is a lightweight easy to rig well design foil catamaran which allows quick set up to sail and ease of transportation. Stunt S9 catamaran are assembled carefully and checked one by one before delivery. The S9 foiling catamaran is delivered ready to sail, with all accessories included such as laminated sail, Beach trolley, boat and foil covers.